Leads for your moving company are essential for growth and business success. Even if you are just one person with a moving truck, you are going to need leads in order to make any money from your moving company at all. Whether you are moving equipment from storage facilities to a local concert or helping individuals to move house, lead generation is essential. You need to find customers by any means necessary: your primary channels could be email marketing, appearing in organic search results, or physical advertising in your local area, but whatever they are, you will want to do what you can to drive new customers to your moving business.
Top Tips for Getting More Moving leads
In order to effectively compete with other movers in your area, you are going to need to market in many different areas. This will help you in getting more jobs, supporting your business, and generating leads for your moving company.
Thumbtack is widely regarded as one of the best and most reliable ways to get moving leads. Thumbtack has some of the best SEO in the business, driving traffic by putting your page in front of potential leads on Google when they search for moving companies, real estate professionals, or other business listings in the relocation industry relevant to you. This is a quick, easy way to boost your digital marketing efforts beyond what you could get from attending real estate events or similar.
Once a potential client visits the Thumbtack page they have found from their search queries, they are asked what kind of service they require and where. Thumbtack will take that data and, as part of their excellent service, send it to relevant local service providers registered with Thumbtack.
Once that has happened, you can contact the lead and send them a quote. This is an easy way to generate a consistent flow of leads for your moving company, and it is much cheaper than paying for google ads tends to be. Local businesses are charged a small amount to send their quote, but this is the only fee for using Thumbtack, making it a great choice for smaller local business companies in the moving industry.
Another great option for moving companies to generate quality moving leads reliably for their business development is to run ads on Google using Google AdWords. Google ads are straightforwardly the best and most effective form of direct marketing available in the modern world of marketing strategies. You can easily get your business in front of potential customers who are searching specifically for services that you excel at, and AdWords works on a pay-per-click basis, so you do not pay unless someone engages with your ad!
It might cost you a few bucks, but Google is the number one way people try to find moving companies and is the best driver of traffic to any moving company’s website. One of the most important marketing tactics for a company in any industry is to be on Google, appearing in relevant search results, and getting your company in front of potential customers. This is a great way to generate leads and can easily create a steady flow of moving leads coming into your business.
Advertising on Bing is very similar to advertising on Google but on a much smaller scale. Bing is a less popular platform than Google and will not generate leads as effectively. It is also much less user-friendly for advertisers than Google and can be annoying to set up ads for. In general, this is not going to generate as many leads for your moving company as Google ads will, but that does not mean you should ignore it.
Google should be a higher priority, but if you want to spread a wider net for potential clients interested in the moving industry, Bing ads can be worthwhile. If you have got more of a budget for advertising why not do both, Google and Bing.
For a recommendations site tailored to the moving business, try MovingCompanyReviews.com. This works a lot like Thumbtack but focuses exclusively on the moving industry referral business. They have great SEO and appear at the top of relevant search pages, and then they point potential moving company leads towards local moving companies who are signed up with the site. It is a little more expensive than Thumbtack, as home service companies pay a small monthly fee to be a registered member with MovingCompanyReviews.com, and then there is another small fee applied per lead, just like Thumbtack.
Every single one of your previous customers is a potential start to your sales funnel and could attract new leads to your moving company. Moving is a very stressful process, and nobody wants to risk falling foul of an unscrupulous, poor-quality moving company. That means that referrals are one of the major marketing methods for moving services, far more effective than buying leads: people like to follow recommendations for moving companies, and it is not too difficult to get yourself at the top of that list of recommendations once you have got your moving services established.
If you can provide a really good service to your customers, and give them a spare business card or two, then they can pass your info on to friends, property managers, cultural organizations, and anyone else who might need the help of moving companies for anything.
This requires you to be more active and engaged than digital marketing methods, however. To start with, you have to offer a good, professional service to your customers. You have to impress them enough for them to be happy recommending you. You then have to actively ask them to recommend you to friends.
Alternatively, you can set up a more formal customer referral program, like other businesses in other fields often do. You can offer discounts or rewards to those who recommend friends and those who sign up for direct mail communications from moving companies. The referral business is one with many different possible approaches, and there is no best way to handle a system like this.
- Get To Know Realtors
Realtors are a great resource and an amazing ally to moving companies. They know who is at the relevant stage of the moving process, and they can provide you with valuable referral leads. Realtors are one of the most consistent, reliable sources of moving leads out there. It is worth the time investment to get to know them, and you should try to get as many realtors as possible to send you leads when they have them. Be proactive: reach out to your local realty firms, prove to them that you are a reliable and professional moving specialist, and see if you can get them to send moving leads your way.
- Get In Touch With Apartment Complexes
Apartment complexes are an excellent source of moving leads for many companies offering moving services. There are many tenants in each apartment complex, and people are often moving in or out of apartments. This means that moving companies are in high demand, and most complexes would love a reliable contact with a professional mover they can recommend to their tenants.
You should get in touch with the building managers of all the local apartment complexes and introduce your moving company. Offer them commissions on all moves your moving company carries out for them, and they are likely to be very delighted. All moving companies should be keen to partner with apartment complexes, as these are among the best sources of moving leads.
- Shop Local Websites
Link building is a reliable, effective strategy that every local business in all fields needs to engage in, in order to be competitive in modern business. It is a core part of search engine optimization and also one of the important routes open to you for keeping referral traffic coming on to your moving company website.
You can’t just use any old link; however, you need to focus on building high-quality links to your site. “Shop local” websites are an efficient and effective source of high-quality link building for your site. This is a category of business directory website dedicated to the businesses of a single city. Most medium to large cities have one, and they provide a lot of value to consumers and businesses alike.
These websites function as a big database, listing deals or rewards offered by local businesses to customers who visit the business websites via links on these shop local websites. The shop local websites list and promote businesses that offer deals, and in return, they get views from customers searching for information. They are also often shared around community Facebook groups or take out Facebook advertising in order to reach local customers.
Shop local websites are a great source of high-quality links that attract clicks, and they can help you significantly with SEO and, by extension, with ranking higher in Google search results. In addition to this, they function as a great source of traffic via their referral links. Identify the nearest shop local website, offer a deal with a minor discount for referrals, and they should list you on their site pretty quickly, bringing you much more traffic very soon.
- Groupon & Amazon Local
You might not think of Groupon and Amazon Local as valuable sites for directing leads to your website, but they should not be overlooked. Both of these valuable websites are similar: they are simple sites that list deals that you offer to customers. You will have to offer discounts in order to get listed on these sites, but the additional traffic you will get through them is often worth the cost. A Groupon or Amazon Local link is a great way to attract attention, and it also counts as a high-quality link that should boost your SEO rankings quite a lot.
- Website Optimization
In the modern online ecosystem, SEO is absolutely essential. There is no better strategy for getting high-quality sales leads than being on the first page of Google search results. SEO for moving companies should not be overlooked, and optimizing your website should be a central part of your web design process whenever you add or update a page.
With a bit of work, you can reliably get moving leads much more consistently by simply optimizing your website for the search terms used most frequently by your customers. Putting the work in on this will ensure that you rise up the search engine rankings, putting your site in front of the eyes of more and more potential customers.
There are many advantages to SEO strategies, but one of the biggest is that it mostly takes care of itself after you have got it started. Once the well-optimized core of your website is set up and you start to appear on page one of search listing results, the leads will start to flow reliably, and they will keep coming in.
You do not have to pay to have your website listed on Google, and you will be right up there in front of the people who are searching for the services that you offer. Future customers are attracted through local search, google maps, wider search systems, and many other methods, but you always need to be at the top of those search engine results to attract those sales leads.
How many leads do you get in a week at the moment? Well, once you start using our top tips for getting a consistent flow of moving leads for your moving business, that number should start to rise rapidly. A moving company needs customers, and there are many people out there with stuff to move who need a moving company to help them. It is a perfect match, and you just need to ensure that they can find you as easily as possible. There is no need to buy leads: you can attract high-quality leads to your moving company website easily if you approach your marketing strategically and carefully. As with any business development strategy, you need a plan!
Please see some useful guides related to generating more business leads.
- 5 Backlink Errors that could be deadly for your website rankings
- Anchor Text Diversity
- Backlink Atrophy | Fixing Link Rot
- Backlink Checker
- Backlink For News Sites
- Backlink For Real Estate Website
- Backlink Removal Service
- Best Link Building Tools
- Best Rank Tracking Tools - Keyword Trackers
- Blogger Outreach Service
- Blogger Outreach Tools
- Broken Link Building: All You Need To Know
- Can Website Traffic Improve the Power of a Backlink?
- Citation Building Service
- Content Writing Services
- Digital PR
- Do you think you need dot com dot au domains to rank in Australia?
- Does Guest Posting Still Work?
- Dofollow vs Nofollow Link
- Ecommerce Link Building Case Study
- Forum Backlinks
- Foundation Links And How They Can Help Your SEO?
- Google Disavow Tool
- Google Penalty Removal Service
- High Domain Authority Links
- High PR Backlinks
- How Many Backlinks Do I Need To Rank
- How Many Backlinks Per Day Is Safe
- How Many Links Will You Need to Rank Higher?
- How Much Does An SEO Audit Cost in 2023?
- How Much Does Link Building Cost
- How Much Does SEO Cost
- How To Bury Negative Google Search Results
- How to Buy Expired Domains with Quality Backlinks?
- How To Convert Website Traffic Into Sales
- How To Drive Traffic To Your Website
- How to Find Unlinked Brand Mentions
- How to Get High-Quality Backlinks
- How to Get More Car Sales Leads
- How To Get More Chiropractic Patient Leads
- How to Get More Contractor Leads
- How to Get More Final Expense Leads
- How to Get More Home Inspection Leads
- How to Get More Internet Leads
- How to Get More Lawyer Leads
- How to Get More Leads
- How to get More Leads as a Moving Company
- How to Get More Leads for Admissions
- How To Get More Leads for B2B
- How to Get More Leads for Information Technology Consulting
- How to Get More Leads for my Construction Company
- How to Get More Leads for Your Small Business
- How to Get More Leads from Yelp
- How to Get More Leads in Trim Work
- How to Get More Leads Real Estate
- How to Get More Leads Through SEO
- How to Get More Locksmith Leads
- How to Get More Medicare Leads Online
- How to Get More Mortgage Leads
- How to Get More PC Repair Leads
- How to Get More Plumbing Leads
- How to Get More Quality Leads
- How To Get More Referring Domains
- How to Get More Roofing Leads
- How to Grow Business Online
- How to Grow Jewelry Business Online
- How to Grow My Online Grocery Business
- How to Grow Online Life Coaching Business
- How to Grow Your Business Online Presence
- How to Grow Your Business Online with Ecommerce
- How to Increase Domain Authority
- How To Increase Trustflow Score
- How To Increase Website Traffic SEO
- How to Increase Your Website Domain Authority
- How to Rank Higher on Google
- How to Rank Higher on Google Maps
- Image Link Building
- Is My Site Penalized
- Link Baiting
- Link Building Budget Time: How Much Do You Need to Spend?
- Link Building For Beginners
- Link Building For Dating Website
- Link Building For Restaurants
- Link Building For Startups
- Link Building Guide: Identifying the Best Links
- Link Building Guide: Understanding Link Velocity
- Link Building Strategies and Resources for Online Marketers
- Link Juice
- Link Reclamation | Regain Lost Link Value
- Local SEO Tools
- Magento SEO Case Study
- Offpage SEO Strategy
- One Way Link Building
- Online Broken Link Checker
- Pay Per Click vs SEO
- Personal Branding Agency
- Referring Domains vs Backlinks
- Resource Link Building
- Searcharoo’s Anchor Strategy 101
- SEO Consultant
- SEO Content Writing
- Shopify Link Building Case Study
- Should you have to buy backlinks?
- Small Business Marketing Consultant
- Strongest Backlinks
- Successfully Outsource your Link Building Projects
- The Best Link Building Strategy
- The Best Types of Links in SEO
- The Outreach Link Building No-Nonsense Guide
- The reason Link Relevancy is King
- Tiered Link Building
- Toxic Backlinks - How To Check and Remove Bad links
- Unnatural Inbound Link Penalty
- Web 2.0 Sites Lists
- Website Competitor Analysis
- What Are Authoritative Links
- What are Pillow Links?
- What can Link Building do for your SEO?
- What Is A Dofollow Link
- What is a Good Trust Flow Score
- What is a Nofollow Link
- What is actually classed as SEO Spam?
- What Is Black Hat SEO
- What is Citation Flow
- What is Evergreen Content and Why Does It Matter?
- What is Link Building?
- What Is Off Page SEO
- What is Onpage and Offpage Optimization
- Which Backlinks to Power Up With Tier Two Links?
- White Hat Link Building Service
- White Hat SEO Company | White-Hat SEO Services
- White Label Link Building Service
- Why Domain Rating trumps Domain Authority when it comes to backlinking?
- Why Link Building Elevates Your SEO Strategy?
- Why Low-Quality Links will tank your website
- WooCommerce SEO Case Study - eCommerce SEO Case Study
Kasra Dash is a Scottish entrepreneur, Kasra Primarily focuses on SEO & digital marketing for companies in the UK he enjoys brining positive ROI’s for business owners with his marketing expertise.
Kasra is also an investor in Searcharoo.